GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Keep it clean!

1. FergusonT
    FergusonT
    Yeah I agree about the leading edge of the hood....when I look at pics of my 'burb that is one of the first things I notice...because of the way the leading edge rolls down you notice everything.
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. murdog94
    murdog94
    I have low profile bug guards on my Blazer and need to reinstall the one for my 2000 Z-71.. I lknow that lund makes some nice looking bug guards that are low profile..
  3. FergusonT
    FergusonT
    What about these ones that look like a bra.....any good, I never liked the idea of having a bra on a car...
  4. murdog94
    murdog94
    nope very bad idea, they rub the paint.
  5. FergusonT
    FergusonT
    Yeah exactly, and if any kind of sand or dirt gets in there it does a bit of grinding over time
  6. rip5164
    rip5164
    I'll have to check the Lund out and see what I think. Gotta stick with the low budget mods for right now so i can save up for the big ones.
  7. murdog94
    murdog94
    Well i was just using Lund as an example there are a ton of companies that have the parts that cost less. Mine just came with them.
  8. Drake_korthos
    Drake_korthos
    I had a "bug" deflector on my last chevy and it did wonders keeping the road hazards from damaging the hood (as I found out after trips by all the scratches and dings in the deflector). This was one of the first things I bought for my new Sierra. I went with a Trail FX deflector which actually screws into the bottom of the hood in pre-drilled holes. I didn't place the 3M clear bumpers due to concerns about removing them later, but I honestly don't need em (+90mph in 35mph winds, and the deflector never touched the hood!). If ya do a little searchin, you can find em pretty cheap!
  9. Drake_korthos
    Drake_korthos
    Just out of curiosity, do any of ya'll have a specific cleaning supply brand that you swear by? I personally love using Meguiars stuff to keep Betty Clean! What do ya'll think, is there somethin out there just as good but cheaper or better produced (I.E. Armor All)?
  10. AMac
    AMac
    @Drake_Korthos

Did you find your cleaning products yet? I usually use ICE car wash, and the ICE total interior detailer which can be used on a lot of the exterior surfaces such as chrome, glass, moldings, just not the paint. I did just use Turtle Wax Black Car Detailer spray wax. Easy to apply and hides most surface scratches, good for a quick shiner to take it above the notch of just being washed. I also heard some good things about Meguiar's product line, including their spray wax. I also only use micro-fiber towels, and soap and water on the wheels.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast