GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Favorite Duty Station??

1. murdog94
    murdog94
    Just like to hear what your favorite duty station so far has been, and or was since there seem to be so many awsome and not so awsome places that we all have been stationed.
    For My time in Korea was probably my favorite time in the Army, however my time at Ft Benning was good for the first 6 months as well.. But i still liked Korea the most...
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. sgtsjj
    sgtsjj
    I was only stationed at ft. campbell, so I can't say I have a favorite one but I did like campbell a lot
  3. mfleetwood
    mfleetwood
    I was stationed at Camp Pendleton for the entire 6 years I was in....and it was actually near the beach at an area named Camp Del Mar. I liked it so much, I stayed in the North San Deigo area for another six years after I got out, before I moved back to Denver.
  4. murdog94
    murdog94
    I liked korea more for the people that i worked with as well as how many people can say i spent 14 months in Korea, and got to see alot that a normal torist doesnt have time to see nor has the access.. Hell i got to take a blackhawk ride over the entire country!! that was cool.
  5. mfleetwood
    mfleetwood
    I spent a couple weeks in Korea...If I remember correctly, one city was named Pohang and the other was Pusan (this was back in '88). I remember it being very crowded in both cities with tons of bicyclists. Lots of hills and shopping too. We were there in the warm months but I heard it can get really cold there....not sure if it compares to MN though.
  6. murdog94
    murdog94
    Well i was just 12 miles south of the DMZ and it got chilly close to 0, but not really that cold, and it actually snowed there three times, once when we were in the field nad actually got stuck out there for an extra night since tanks and snow and paved roads equals a 70ton hockey puck HAHA. but yeah it was nice, and Pusan AFB is nice, but in the southern region they were spoiled and lived basically like we do here in the states.
  7. aloxdaddy99
    aloxdaddy99
    I spent some time at MCAS Yuma. It was cool because it was close to the sand dunes. LOTS of wheeling out in that part of the southwest.
  8. Drake_korthos
    Drake_korthos
    Did a 3 year stint in Yokosuka, Japan on the USS Kitty Hawk. Was by far the best duty I've had!
  9. murdog94
    murdog94
    i can see three years in Japan as being a good time if you like big cities.. im more a country boy.
  10. Drake_korthos
    Drake_korthos
    Actually I was surprised by the amount of Country bars and British/Irish pubs I found throught the area! As much as I regret to admit it NOW, I was a certified bar bum at a little place called George's Country Bar. Man I had a lot of good times in that place!! Wooden walls, ceiling, floor, smokey as hell, and great stories!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by