GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

V6 performance

1. Blacksheep1
    Blacksheep1
    What have you done to your V6 for more power or mileage?
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. Blacksheep1
    Blacksheep1
    I will be posting some pics and more as soon as I get home with the Pete, and get my camera
  3. Crispyt
    Crispyt
    JET TBI spacer, Taylor Gold Thunder Series 10mm wires, Bosh Super Iridium 4+ plugs. K&N Air filter. Hopefuly a catback system soon. Gotta fix my clutch problem first.
  4. Blacksheep1
    Blacksheep1
    Sounds like a great setup. Glad you're in the group!! Let's find some more of us sixers to share info!!!
  5. Crispyt
    Crispyt
    We should check out the introduction section, that way we will know who has a V-6 and can see if anyone wants to join.
  6. Blacksheep1
    Blacksheep1
    Will you ask them also that way between you and I we should about cover them all Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Goldie
    Goldie
    I'm running underdrive pulleys, MSD Coil, tonno cover, Taylor plug wires, K&N FIPK, Vararam VR-4, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, JBA Shortie headers, Gibson cat-back system. I didtry E3 plugs and was pleased with them. However after a little better than 20,000 miles they started mis-firing so I changed back to AC-Delco OEM plugs. Recently I tried running a supercharger. It didn't last long beore I pulled it off the truck. As it turns out, it is not compatible with the engine due to the trucks manual trans. If anybody has any other ideas for performance, I'd lie to hear abou them.
  8. Goldie
    Goldie
    I forgot to mention in yesterdays post that I very recently installed a computer that I had re-tuned for economy. I still testing it so I don't ahve any hard data to share as of now.
  9. Blacksheep1
    Blacksheep1
    That sounds like one sweet ride Goldie.. Hope to get mine there...
  10. Crispyt
    Crispyt
    Sweet, what kind of supercharger did you have? I think powerdyne makes one for the 4.3L with a manual trans. Although they went out of buisness but you can still find them for sale. Did you notice a big difference with it on? Supercharging my truck is one of my long long term goals.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by