GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

wobble?

1. CanadianBadRado
    CanadianBadRado
    Do any of you experience a wobble while travelling @ hwy speeds? I have changed my rims, tires, shocks, rebalanced, re-aligned, and nothing works... it is driving me nuts...

M
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. BlackJack1500
    BlackJack1500
    I got something like that on my 06. Starts at about 35mph and tappers off around 50mph. I think its something called "beam shake?" Anyway, I am not sure that's the official term ,but its on google. I tried shocks, and balancing tires and no luck fixing it so far. The short bed regular cab is a kinda rough ride anyway! After all, it is a truck! Haha! Seriously. Its supposedly something with the vibration going through the frame. I guess at certain speeds the frame resonates differently and when it gets to a certain frequency it causes everything to shake! Its kinda of annoying but not annoying enough for me to get a newer model. I also notice it does not shake as much on certain roads but its always there a little bit. The cheap tires I have probably don't help either! But I suspect new brand name tires would only help slightly. Overall I think it is some type of design flaw and the condition is permanent. Im just gonna live with it on mine cause other than that its been a great truck!
  3. silverhobey
    silverhobey
    our 2010 crew doesn't get this ....longer wheelbase I guess......I have heard of it ...rare though???wonder if a GM Mechanic would
    be able to look it up on their
    bulletins/notices on their shop computer for you for free .......might be some reading there/info to fixes !!//...good luck in finding the cause, and hope fully, if you do, you will post for others !!!!have a good day !!!
  4. BlackJack1500
    BlackJack1500
    Hey I wanted to post an update on this. I just got some new tires on my truck and and it almost completely gets rid of the shaking and wobble! When I first got the truck I put on monroe sensatracs and it helped but it still had some shaking and I kinda put up with it. The old tires were still on it so I took the plunge and bought four new tires! It cost me around 800 but the ride is soooo much better! And the shaking is about 90% fixed !