GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Ignition Kill Switch.

1. 95Tahoe
    95Tahoe
    Hi Guys, Does anyone know how to install a simple toggle switch to disable my ignition? I want to keep it simple but I want to hide it so its not in the alarm wire harness. Thank-you.
    0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
  2. Pikey
    Pikey
    I had one installed on my 95 silverado. (I did not know how to do it then) I had a push pad on the floor just to the right of the gas pedal (where the vinyl piece is so you dont rub a hole in the carpet while pressing the accelerator). It cost me $85 to have a audio store install it. It was great because when you shut the truck off it would set itself. Then when I got in I would turn the key forward and touch the pad with my foot. I would hear the relay click and it would start. No one ever knew it was there unless they tried to start the truck and nothing would happen. To install a switch, you just need to interrupt the signal that tells your starter to crank. It would be one of the small wires running to the solenoid on your starter. figure out what wire it is and trace it back to your cab. Cut the wire, put each side of the cut wire to the separate terminals on your switch. Basically, switch on, means current can go thru the circuit like normal, switch off, no signal to the starter
  3. 95Tahoe
    95Tahoe
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Im gonna do it this weekend. I will post on how it goes.