GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
  • pmf608

by Published on 03-26-2011 05:47 PM  Number of Views: 5429 
    Article Preview

I just finished installing these today, I had made them quite some time ago using the glass from my truck's original mirrors. I found that if you drill through the black plastic backing the mirror glass and remove the adhesive foam goes, you can put LEDs behind the mirror glass and have them shine right through.

I used LEDs I had sitting around from the old 3rd brake light for my canopy. (They aren't great, so thats probably why a tiny little brake light needed 30+ LEDs). This means you can't really see them in the daylight, but they are cool in the dark. I can put up with this considering it didnt cost me anything to do it.

craigman45

what is plasti dip?

well I went ahead and tried the plasti dip on the grill, (figure I can always peel it off if I don't like it.) and I think it came out pretty nice.Also

craigman45 Today, 06:59 PM Go to last post
    jnbama

Where are they now? A members mention.

I was gone for awhile and miss several listed I really enjoyed being friends with.

jnbama Today, 06:44 PM Go to last post
    Diesel6_2

GMC Transfer Case

Thanks RayVoy! Situation has changed a bit - after having driven it maybe 50 miles since last shift test, decided to try the buttons again. Lo an behold,

Diesel6_2 Today, 06:28 PM Go to last post
    RayVoy

2.8l to 4.3l engine swap

No gramps, you made the same error I did. It reads 4.3 when the thread is closed and it reads 3.4 when the thread is open.

RayVoy Today, 06:08 PM Go to last post
    RayVoy

Factory FOB works, interior switches do not

Actually, when you think about it, the passenger mirror is adjusted from the driver's door panel, so I would suspect a problem in the driver door wiring.

RayVoy Today, 06:05 PM Go to last post
    Caddiac

Factory FOB works, interior switches do not

You say you have never been able to adjust passenger side mirror. Is that in both directions ( up or down, left or right)? How about the heater for

Caddiac Today, 05:57 PM Go to last post
    Gramps43

2.8l to 4.3l engine swap

Actually no there's nothing wrong, but there is a problem with my eyes. The 3.4 is the last of the 60 V6's so everything from a 2.8 and a 3.4 should

Gramps43 Today, 05:46 PM Go to last post
    RayVoy

2.8l to 4.3l engine swap

My bad, I said the bell housing would be different, the 3.4 should be the same, I was thinking and typing 4.3

EDIT: is it just me,

RayVoy Today, 04:53 PM Go to last post
    BurbanMan

2.8l to 4.3l engine swap

A 3.4 will work. A 4.3 will work if you get different motor mount perches. You will need another tranny, harness, computer. I did this swap with mine

BurbanMan Today, 04:48 PM Go to last post
    RayVoy

Newbie from NC

Hey, welcome from Canada

RayVoy Today, 04:38 PM Go to last post