Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!
The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.
Join Today ~ It's Free
Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
- Last Activity:
- Dec 13, 2008
- Nov 23, 2008
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Member, from poland,maine
- xxnightraven73x was last seen:
- Dec 13, 2008
ive been working on everything with a motor since i was 6=21 years of experiance in automotive field
99 silverado 1500
99 eclipse spider(g/f's junk)
cars,trucks,quads,bikes anything with a motor
Signature99 silverado 4.8l with 6.0 throttle body,full tci rebuild with shift kit transmission with no reverse,eaton posi,flowmaster exhaust
97 s10 350 pushing 350hp,5 speed trans,headman headers...kenwood in dash double din touch screen dvd,kenwood 6 disk changer-just a project truck
Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt
A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):
- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Body kit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performance intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some 3000gt's Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therefore not always considered rice, but it really depends on the severity of the case.
(courtesy urban dictionary)