Weekend Projects Anyone?
I've got a list of weekend projects that I'm just flat-out not going to be able to do. Among them are:
1) Fence repair after the last storm. Might just hire someone to replace a section of fence.
2) Fix a couple of blinds that are out.
3) Replace a bunch of burned out lights ... seems like the compact flourescent lights are a joke, they maybe last 2x or 3x what old lightbulbs last ... looks like one of them just about melted down on me, not happy with that.
4) Have to clean up my office a little bit, getting ready to take on some more side projects and have to have a neat and clean home office.
5) Have to fix the sectional couch that keeps coming apart. I might just bolt them together and be done with it.
6) Need to price out getting a shed put up in the backyard so I can move stuff out of the garage.
7) Need to spackel the walls and touch-up paint in about a dozen areas.
Yeah, that's about it for now.
Putting a couple sets of LED's in the bed of my truck.
Then I'm gonna finish building a new welding table.
I'm still packing, emptying my apartment, and moving things into storage 1.5 hours away. I pack all week and then make one trip each weekend since I'm usually heading that way. This weekend's truck load is (finally) ready for loading at first light, Sunday.
I need to strip the chrome off the plastic bezels of my dash cam and wire its power supply into the truck. Sadly, I probably won't get to the actual mounting of the unit.
Ok, i just picked up some household LED lights for the kitchen in my house ... wow, these are amazing! I paid about $20 each for these, they claim to be the equivalent of 75 watts, but they each put out 800 lumens of bright white light.
Wow, i definitely recommend these. I need to upload photos of the melted CFL bulbs that i just replaced.
@Steve - Got a link? Or model number? I have some can lights I use near my entertainment center to provide indirect lighting (so there's no glare) ... and I tend to have them on 3/4 of the day. Usually I keep 25w bulbs in them just for economy reasons, as those provide enough light for my purposes without costing a ton. Some white LEDs would be great...
I got them at home depot, let me find a link and I'll post it up. I also got a smaller led that mimmicks a traditional bulbs but they don't shine in a true sphere ... more like a hemisphere. But, the power consumption is supposed to be only 20% of incandescent bulbs ... and the packaging says 20 year life span, however I'll believe that when I see it.
Then again, I don't plan on living in this house for more than another year or 2 so I guess I'll never see it.
I have a list of things I'd like to do to the house I live in now but it's a rental so I can't do much. I just like making "to do" lists. :rules:
Currently, my weekend project are limited to just my truck.