04 GMC Yukon Denali AC problem
Just needed some help and guidance on my air condition issue.
Lately I've been noticing that there are days that my Yukon Denali AC performs absolutely perfect... And then there are days where it starts off cooling and after I've driven for sometime, the cooling either reduces a lot or sometime just blows out HOT air.
When it blows out hot air, it feels like the compressor is not engaged I can say this because I've noticed that when it does engage, I suddenly feel the engine gets a little load and the acceleration drops just a little but for a few seconds. I'm also petty sure that the AC gas is not leaking or else the AC would not blow out COLD air at all (my guess).
I'm living in a desert county Kuwait and the temperature is now a scorching 46-50°C as the summer has kicked in so I really need some help asap or else I'm going to melt in my car :P
I've just read about resetting the climate control and plan to try that out for now, really hoping it works.
Would appreciate it if I could get some more help.
- - - Updated - - -
Ok, I just tried resetting the climate control according to what I could find on the net... i.e.
1) Opened the fuse box under the hood
2) Pull out the 10A HVAC fuse,
3) Turn key to accessory,
4) Let it sit there for a minute out two (I let it sit for 3.5 minutes),
5) Turn key off,
6) Plug in 10A fuse,
7) Start engine,
8) Press auto a/c control switch,
9) Let a/c run for 4 mins, (during which it was cooling fine)
10) Turned ignition off (without switching of the A/C since it wasn't mentioned in the instructions I found.
11) Within less than 30 seconds, restart the engine and then tested the A/C (but this time it my A/C wasn't cooling).
According to the instructions, after starting the engine the first time and pressing the auto A/C switch, the A/C should show 74° and go into the calibration phase but mine didn't. What did I do wrong?
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!