i have a 92 c1500 with 225000 on it and when i start it up the tach will jump and i can
hear it slightly miss out of the tail pipe until it warms up i put a new distributor, plugs wires
and cap a year and a half ago and this has started about 3 months ago. just wondering
if anyone has seen something like this before.
Several easy things to do before spending a lot of money...
- Check Distributer Cap for cracks or excessive wear, carbon on contacts, cheap to replace
- Remove spark plugs, clean and re-gap
- Remove IAC from TBI and clean with TBI cleaner
- Remove TBI and clean with TBI, clean off all of the carbon
-- with the TBI off, inspect the Intake, clean out any build up
- Check timing, disconnect the distributer from the computer, set to 0 degrees
After these items are addressed give the truck a good test drive. If there is no improvement in performance, the next thing to have checked is the Catylitic converter. Probably time for a new one.
Also look over the Cylinder heads, they may be cracked.
Let us know how things turn out.