Engine Temperature Guage Not Working
This Suburban has seen very little miles for several years. Was seriously thinking of selling it recently, as it's had several mechanical issues creep up over the years and they have not been addressed.
- 1992 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 w/5.7L
BUT one major issue with the tranmission seems to have not been a big issue at all...so now I'm having fun cleaning it up and trying to tackle some of its other problems. This is what I want to try to fix next:
I've done the obvious things I could think of :
- Temp. gauge on dash stays completely at the far left/bottom.
- On startup (when key turned to start) the guage will briefly peg out to far right, but returns to left as soon as engine starts.
I tired searching but did not come across this exact issue. If there is a thread out there I missed, please point me in the right direction. I did read about a sensor located near the first spark plug. I found it, and its connector and one wire seem to be intact.
- checked coolant level (Overflow reservoir was empty, so I filled it to the "cold fill" line. I only had to add a little bit to the radiator itself though, so I don't think the level was low enough to be a problem...)
- checked fuses (Didn't notice anything blown, and all the other guages are working, so I don't think this would be it either.)
Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!:happy: