GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Alright Everybody, Listen Up, I Need Help!! Quickly!

I Recently Perchased A Rough Country 3" Lift and I Already Have The Rough Country Leveling kit Installed. My Question Is That Can I Keep Both The Leveling Kit And The Lift On And Not Have To Go With New Front Shocks, Like This Place Told Me? They Usually Dont Know What They Are Talking About Because They Send Out Their Vihicles To Get Work Done.

If I Do Need New Front Shocks, Which Kind Do Ya'll Prefer?

'07 GMC Sierra SLT Z71

Mods: 2" RC Leveling Kit; K&N Air Filter; Black Low-Pro Tool Box; Tinted Tail Lights; Debadged; GMS Emblem Painted Black; 5% Tint; 2 12" CVR's
    Soon To Come: RC 3" Suspension/1.25" Body Lift; 17" Ballistic Jesters (Black); Open Country M/T; 1.5" Spacers; K&N 63 Series; Magnaflow Exhaust; Runcool Hood Louvers; Westin HDX Guard & Winch Tray; Bushwacker Boss Fenders; Bullydog Triple Dog GT Tuner

The short answer is yes you will need new shocks. The reason is you are extending the shock out away from the body. By doing this the limiting factor of wheel articulation will be your shocks. What I mean by that is your shocks will be completely extended and "supporting" the weight of your axle.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

as aloxdaddy said, you will need new shocks. i would personally look into bilstein but you could also check out king. But whatever you do, DO NOT but rough country shocks, they are complete garbage.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeC504 View Post
    If I Do Need New Front Shocks, Which Kind Do Ya'll Prefer?
    Monroe or Bilstein are my preferences. I'm currently running Bilsteins...

Alright Thanks, I Get My Truck Back Tomorrow, Will Be Sure To POst Some Pictures

'07 GMC Sierra SLT Z71

Mods: 2" RC Leveling Kit; K&N Air Filter; Black Low-Pro Tool Box; Tinted Tail Lights; Debadged; GMS Emblem Painted Black; 5% Tint; 2 12" CVR's
    Soon To Come: RC 3" Suspension/1.25" Body Lift; 17" Ballistic Jesters (Black); Open Country M/T; 1.5" Spacers; K&N 63 Series; Magnaflow Exhaust; Runcool Hood Louvers; Westin HDX Guard & Winch Tray; Bushwacker Boss Fenders; Bullydog Triple Dog GT Tuner

hate to burst your bubble but you will do more harm then good with stacking a leveling kit with the 3" lift. you angles will be pretty much maxed out with the lift and the leveling kit will just make this worst. if you want 5" of lift your better of selling the two kits and get the 5" you will be happy with it and your truck will thank you

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"