GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default chevy 1500 2011 3'' suspension lift?

hey every one im new to the forums. i have some questions. i was going to put a 3'' suspension lift on it. what are some of the faults to lifting it 3 '' or should i go with a leveling kit.

well with a small lift like that some dont offer drop brackets for crossmembers, they only offer new spindles and struct spacers/ coilovers. you will only be able to fit 33s and some leveling kits you will also be able to fit 33s, never many level kits tho with be able to do that. if you are looking to run larger tires then 33s i would look into a 6" suspension lift. some brands to check out, Fabtech, Readylift, BDS, FTS, TCS, rough country(level kit only), pro comp.

Hope this helps

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

im not sure on the brand of the lift the guy only said it was spacer for the front an blocks ont he back

You will need longer shocks also.
    As sfdefender said you have to ask yourself what you intend to use the truck/lift for. Do you want to just put larger tires on for looks or are you wanting to do some offroading. If you just want to raise the truck so you can put larger tires on for looks a basic level kit will work. If you want to do some offroading you may want to look into a full on lift kit. I knew what I wanted to do with my truck so I kind of have the best of both worlds with the King Shocks kit. It raised the front of my truck like a level kit but also gives improved performance. Though not cheap it suited my needs perfectly. Had the Rancho 4" kit been available for my truck when I bought my level kit I would have gone that route. Skyjacker is making a 3" kit for the newer trucks which was also not an option at that time.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Pro Comp lifts just got real attractive, they started offering a 5 year warranty on some of their lifts, the warranty is designed to work with your trucks factory warranty so you wont have to worry about voiding the warranty or parts of it.
    I'm not normally one of Pro Comps bigger fans but this program sounds like it'll make it easier for new truck owners to decide to lift. One of the biggest questions about lifting a new truck is the warranty. the 4WPW website has info on this new program.

how do i go about giting a 5 year warranty on pro comp stuff

go to procompusa.com/liftshield you should find all the information there on the 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty.
    The site has information on the following:
    -What is Lift Shield
    -FAQ's
    -Complete list of Qualifying kits
    -Authorized Installers-Registration for Lift Shield-Terms and Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Pro Comp lifts just got real attractive, they started offering a 5 year warranty on some of their lifts, the warranty is designed to work with your trucks factory warranty so you wont have to worry about voiding the warranty or parts of it.
    I'm not normally one of Pro Comps bigger fans but this program sounds like it'll make it easier for new truck owners to decide to lift. One of the biggest questions about lifting a new truck is the warranty. the 4WPW website has info on this new program.
    That is very, very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    That is very, very cool!
    Ya know I thought so too, when I read the info I actually got a little excited about it, I think they may have found a way to convince a lot of owners to lift their new trucks.
    After reading the info provided on the website and comparing it to a couple of the factory approved conversion companies I think this plan does much more for a truck owner that lifts their truck.
    Also the list of approved shops isnt just 4WPW they've gone partners with some local shops.

Hopefully more companies will offer this!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by