GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Truck will be back in the morning. They finished working on it late this afternoon now just need to test drive it on road and in shop to check for any leaks. They got slowed down by the transmission just like I did, but on the install side. Hope the truck checks out and no longer leaks.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

They found a leak on/around the new oil cooler lines. Luckily they are still covered by warranty.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Well she's home didn't sound happy when I first drove it and felt underpowered until i checked under the hood and saw the positive battery cable for the trucks fuse box and computer wasn't tightened all the way so the truck wasn't getting full power. But well driving truck made a weird noise when above 1500 rpm sounded like a thud from the pass side. Hard to tell what was up because the truck had 0 oil and it still has to make its way everywhere and wasn't getting full spark and power. Also they forgot the air box to fender mount because it fell under the seat and they didn't see it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-25_16-40-36_308.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	45020

Price came to $980 because they had to replace a oil line fitting that was leaking, but got two free cups. They also said there are small leaks coming from the intake, valve covers, and distributor. Those leaks I can handle my self later in the year. Tomorrow will be washing the truck because it is a mess!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

So was Mark nice about everything?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Yup, everyone there was very nice and helpful. They also kept me well informed on what was wrong and what they were doing.

had 0 oil? like they forgot to put oil in it?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

No like when I had it apart it was siting a really long time and a most of the oil in that truck that was hidden up in parts of the engine dripped out so once they got the truck they it has close to 0 oil left hidden in the engine so it took all 5+ quarts and then some and it will take running the engine to get everything flowing right and everywhere. Most likley it is all good tho.

The truck sounds like it is down a cylinder. It is also running like it. Acceleration isn't even close to what it was before the repair and the truck struggles to maintain speed and power. The sound from the engine sounds like in NASCAR when they go down a cylinder but it is a lot quieter and more smooth sounding. Today I am going to inspect under the truck and make sure everything was plugged back in and I'll also take audio of the engine. Also I'm going to wash the truck. Any advice to tell if I am down a cylinder?

Update: It sounds like when you have a lawn mower and rotate the engine without it running with the plug in. This leads me to think my plug has died or has become fouled. There's no grinding or squealing noise but there is a definite noise of pressure being built up and then released just like when you rotate an engine without it running and it takes in air, builds compression, goes down and then vents from pressure build up at exhaust cycle. I will take video very soon.
    Last edited by Conlan Rose; 10-26-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: new info

Did the shop you took it to look at this issue? I might be concerned with the oil leak from the intake. Did you tell them to just fix the main seal, pan gasket ect. and that was all you wanted them to do? I would think that if they're doing that kind of job for that amount of money they would make sure that it is running right when it leaves the shop. Little oil leaks alone should not cause it to run bad. For the money you gave the shop they should at least put it on the computer for you and give you a diagnosis. Just my 2 cents.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I think they didn't look in to it because they didn't know how it sounded and felt prior to being fixed I do know so its very apparent to me. I will be checking the spark plug at least because I need new ones soon anyway. I will look in to it on Saturday and maybe Sunday. After inspecting the truck all over every thing seems to be in place accept for the tranny cooler line bracket which they didn't put back in the right spot. The truck is running hot so there's more friction somewhere. I topped off the coolant because there was none in the reserve tank.

Is it possible that with not having any oil in it for that long harmed it or could of damaged anything. Or maybe there is a small head gasket leak that with no oil allowed antifreeze to get in to the oil. This is all like extremes, but I always worry about my truck. Also there is no check engine light and oil pressure and volts are normal just water temp is about 10 higher than normal and the truck heats up really fast, but not uncontrollably. Volts are maybe 1-2 high, but I'm not running the radio or heater fan so I can hear and focus on the engine. From the engine compartment you can't really tell anything is wrong, you can only hear it and feel in in the cab.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast