GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default dashboard question

I recently got a dash for my 96 sierra and its different from the one that's in there now...where the cigarette lighter and auxiliary ports are located are different...the new one has a flip down hatch to expose the auxiliary ports and cigarette lighter where the old one is in the open...I was just curious if the new dash is gonna fit where its different like that

Can you post a picture? The '95 dash had a big ashtray door and when you open it, it exposes the ash tray and power points. The '96 has them exposed with little spring loaded doors over the bottom two ports and a separate ash tray. These pieces are interchangeable. There are 4 snap clips that hold them in. I didn't like the ash tray in my 95... It was nasty and it wouldn't close. I replaced it with the unit from a 96. Took me about 10 minutes to change them out. Wiring is the same.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Thanks...that answers all my questions...I was hoping i could swap that out because I like having just the flaps instead of the pull down ash tray...you have been a huge help...thanks again

You are very welcome. Glad I could help!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)