GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
  1. General Information
    Betty White
    Chevrolet
    Silverado
    White
    Work Truck

Betty White started her new life out with me on April 28th, 2009 with a whopping 36,326 miles as I was leaving the dealers lot. Now at 100,366 miles and counting, we have gone through many changes but all of which for the better. Our goal is to travel the western United States in the next year and be mostly self sufficient while doing so (while obviously fueling and eating from other peoples efficiency). My mods lean more towards the Expedition side of car enthusiam, while there is some street and off road mods installed and to come!

Modifications

OEM Fender Flares, TGD Brush Guard/sylvania fog lamps, Range Rider Apex camper shell with Thule 66" load bars.

Custom built center console, custom under seat storage bins (Pics soon!), CB, Escalade overhead console.

Pioneer double din DVD head unit, 160 gb iPod classic, JVC door speakers, Garmin Nuvi GPS.

Air Raid CAI and TBS, high performance cam and fuel injectors, flowmaster 40 series single in dual out exhaust with custom bent tubing all the way down the line, Hypertech max energy tuner

1.5" Zone off road body lift, Pro Comp 2.5" leveling kit set to 1", Bilstein shocks all the way around.

Helo 842 17" wheels, 285/70-17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

Comments: 10 / Views: 4499
    Blog Entries

And just a couple of my favorites that I probably have posted here before, but will post again:

- - - Updated - - -

Soon to come before road trip:

Rear bumper build (swing out tire carrier being the main attraction)
    Power windows/door locks and window tint
    Leather seat covers
    Sleeping platform (rebuilding, stay tuned!)
    Yakima Q-Towers and basket for the cab

Long in the future mods planned:

Front winch bumper (can't decide if I want to do tube or plate)
    Suspension lift (really only want another couple of inches so I can fit 35's)
    Rear locker
    On board air
    Dual battery set up
    Air horns
    Double din head unit
    Subs

WAY down the road:

6.0 and a 6 speed swap.
    Maybe a SAS, though I haven't really thought of that.

As you can see, my way down the road list is just random stuff that I may do here and there. Otherwise, I don't want a ton more done to the truck. 1,000,000 more miles would be great!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Blog Entries

Added a new head unit which I pictured above, but I'll throw it down here too:

I am going to continue to use this thread specifically as a build log. Anything I add or change, I will update as I go and all that jazz. It's a lot simpler than creating a ton of different threads, and I'm sure the mods will be happy to see one thread for all my picture pimping ;)

Nice looking truck. Rick Astley is questionable, but hey, to each his own

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    LOL, Anyone who has seen that picture, just got Rick' Rolled! LOL, Nice, Jimmeh. OBTW, very nice truck and excellent pictures!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rekrek View Post
    LOL, Anyone who has seen that picture, just got Rick' Rolled! LOL, Nice, Jimmeh. OBTW, very nice truck and excellent pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Yes! Rick Rollin' by truck mod!

For a while I was getting scam emails from posts of things I had for sale on craigslist. I would respond with a email saying that I had put all the info that they wanted on a webpage and provided a link. The link was a rick roll. Every time you clicked to close the window a dialog box would pop up and move around with the words to the song. It took like 15 clicks to get it to stop. Those guys stopped emailing me!

Blog Entries

Nothing much has changed lately. Put the tow mirrors back on and added some newer window vents. Hoping to start a basket build next week some time!

Also put in some new Silverstar Ultra bulbs. HUGE improvement!

lookign good dude! i like it better with the tow mirrors. how do you like those? been thinking about getting some for my truck.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Blog Entries

I like them alot, although I can't stand them night driving. It's like a giant light shining straight in the eyeballs when somebody is behind me. Almost like it's their reflection or something ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by