GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Awesome modification

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Best Truck Accessory.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	44244
    This is a new company that designs and develops new products. Check out the promotional video
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 10-01-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Not sure what to say.

I think it is a great idea, but at the same time, I would not be caught dead with a box or a camper shell in the bed of my truck.

in reality though, I think I might see 1 truck use these products in 3 years, I don't think this will be main stream.

Welcome to the site. Nice job on that! Clearly you are really into this activity since your truck is decal'ed up like the camper. Nice work!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Thanks, I need all of the feed back I can get.

Yeah it is obviously a niche market, I kinda agree with nakranij that some people do only use their trucks for the looks, but a lot of truck owners need their trucks for true applications. This is more for people that haul cargo in their trucks.
    Thanks for the encouragement moogvo I felt like a teenager again with his first truck doing it all up with a lot of excess bling.

Have a great weekend
    Last edited by Garry Gowans; 09-28-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: typos

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Can you get it to fit an Avalanche?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Can you get it to fit an Avalanche?
    Haha, I was going to ask the same question.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Gowans View Post
    Thanks, I need all of the feed back I can get.

Yeah it is obviously a niche market, I kinda agree with nakranij that some people do only use their trucks for the looks, but a lot of truck owners need their trucks for true applications. This is more for people that haul cargo in their trucks.
    Thanks for the encouragement moogvo I felt like a teenager again with his first truck doing it all up with a lot of excess bling.

Have a great weekend
    Hi Gary,

I was not trying to be offensive I use my truck for mulch, soil, trailering, moving piano's, lawn equipment, pulling cement mixers, towing cars on trailers, etc. The big box in the bed thing is not my thing...

I do agree there is a small market for that type of thing, and there are some people that will get allot of use out of all the options available. I hope it works out.

I always wondered how I would make it fit the Avalanche with the way the AV's cab/box slants back. The Honda Ridgline is the same.

I believe the Avalanche will just require little more tweaking that's all.

One feature that would be really great for the system on the Avalanche is a the "portal". Its a thick pliable gasket ed interface between the rear window of the cab, and the cargo system. This is to allow access for heat/AC music, extra wiring for remote controls etc. The rear window can then remain open and sealed from the elements.

The avalanche can open up the entire back of the cab, am I right? This would make a huge access port from the cab to the system. A smaller person could possibly get through. A big plus is that long ladders or lumber that you want locked up inside, can now fit by extending it into the cab. There is also a roof rack on the roof that can accommodate this as well though.

So far, the prototype has been built on a Toyota Tacoma with no significant changes for future builds except for truck size shape and capacity. The cargo systems will all custom to each make/year and box size of the truck, not just a generic fit like a camper.

When my marketing researching is complete I will have three routes; custom manufacturing and expanding my facility, licensing my patents to truck cap/camper manufacturers, or both.

Til then, I would love to know about any additional features that you guys think would be good to work into its designs. Dish washers or maids probably won't be included for it, but it does have electrical...lights and a TV, all kinds of shelving, helmet hooks etc. Beer fridges might take up too much space for the loading system to work, but electrical coolers work great to put in when needed.

Thanks for the comments

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Gowans View Post
    The avalanche can open up the entire back of the cab, am I right? This would make a huge access port from the cab to the system.
    The window comes out, the bar holding the windo and the panel below the bar will fold down when the seats are folded. Remove the bed cover panels and the entire rear of the truck is open. A very large person could go back and forth.

A tent is currently available.

Yeah this is a new company, as seen by my website link in the above posts. I am looking for feedback and getting suggestions from experienced truck owners on a product that I'm considering going into market with.

I actually didn't read the rules here prior to posting, so I hope no-one is offended. I'll make sure I don't add in company info in future.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by