GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1999 Gas line help?

So, the line that runs from the fuel filter up to under the distributor - I'm assuming to the fuel injector rail - on my 1999 Suburban K1500 (and from the looks of the local junkyard, most any 5.7 from mid 90's to 99) is bad. It rubbed against some metal and sprung a leak. It looks like it should be held back/fastened to the trans tunnel or firewall sheet metal somewhere, but it isn't. This allowed it to rub against something sharp and slowly saw/rub a hole in the metal tubing. I've used zip ties to pull it back away from the point of contact and used some metal bondo type stuff to help seal the leak some, but I really just need a new line. So my questions are as follows: One, can someone direct me to a diagram that shows the part number, so I can order a new one? Two, can someone find on their truck, or on the same diagram, where this line should be held in place? I don't want to trust the zip ties to be a long term fix. Again, the line coming out of the front of the fuel filter and attaching to a point just under the distributor cap. Thanks!
    I like you.

Gonna change oil in my 97 Suburban tomorrow. I'll take a look and ket you know what I find.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

Looked at my 97 yesterday. There is a bracket about 6 inches forward of the filter that is attached to the frame, from there it runs right up with no support.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.