GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Not getting Email alerts

Just wanted to let you know @Steve, that I have not gotten a email alert about any of the posts I am subscribed to in more than 2 days.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I don't seem to be getting emails when I receive PM's, now, either ... and I've not changed my settings for that. I wonder if the last email blast Steve did resulted in getting the server IP placed in spam databases ... or if something else is awry (e.g. mailer daemon dead).

Yah I'm having the same problem.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Hmm, I'll check my email settings and maybe I'll have to do an unfreeze.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I couldn't see anything, except there looks to be a couple of page layout issues after the garage plug-in was installed. I think I'm going to have the plug-in authors help me out and pay for professional support to get this working right and I will try to learn as much about the layout to make changes to it. That seems more likely to be the cause, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    is anyone getting alerts at this time?
    Two new PM's today. Zero emails telling me about them. I didnt' change any settings to tell the systme not to send me emails when I receive a PM, so it should still be sending them ... but isn't.

Just got about 58 emails guess its working again.

Yep, must be working again. I just got 138 emails from GMTC. I guess I have been missing a lot.

I, too, was spammed with PM notifications. I'm glad it's fixed.

Do we know what happened so that it can be monitored and potentially prevented in the future? (That's the analyst in me asking for a RCA aka Root Cause Analysis; I can't help it! )

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by