Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I need everyones help.

I am the proud owner of a 2000 GMC Yukon that I bought new in 2000 and I currently have over 314,000 miles on her. She has been bulletproof up until recently when it itermittently has a starting issue. Here is what happens:

- The truck will always start first thing in the morning. It will run normally.
- We will stop somewhere, do something for an hour of 2. When we go back out to the truck to leave, when I turn the key, the engine cranks over normally, but the fuel pump does't prime. The gas gauge will also be stuck on E.
- After waiting about a half an hour, I will turn the key, the gas gauge will work and the engine will start.

I have had the truck to 2 GM dealers and a private garage. They have all had problems trying to recreate the problem. But the last garage was able to narrow it down. I know that it is not the fuel pump, because it is only 2 years old and is a Delphi pump. Plus, it always runs fine once it does start. Also. it does'nt make noise like the previous pumps did before they failed and the fuel pressure it normal.

Like I said, the last garage was able to narrow it down to either the ignition switch or the computer. I had already tried the switch, but that didn't do anything. I did buy a used computer and had it reflashed. That took care of the problem for a month, but now the problem is back.

Has anyone heard of this problem and what was the cure? Is it a wiring issue or something else. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim