GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Here she is, lifted wheels tires grill guard.

Think I'm driving someone elses truck,

Nice truck pipeliner!! Looks like your ready to go do some pa mountain climbing. Did you lose much power putting the bigger sneakers on it??

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Yes, I can definitley feel a power loss going up the mountains. Well, doesnt get up them as easy anyway. One thing I'm not liking is the little bit of rear sway I'm feeling from the lift. Definitley gotta do something about that. Other then that I love it, tons of compliments already on it.

Legend

Blog Entries

Wow, truck looks great!!! What's next?

Nice brush guard as well

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Looks nice. The only suggestion I would make is a little red stripe on the rims. Something to break up al the black.

Took the cap off, looks great (:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled3.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	39448

Looks awesome man. I like the wheels and thires you put on as well. Any plans to change out the gears and maybe recoup some of that lost power?

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

alox, theres a chrome strip in the rim. Keeping her black n chrome. Mostly black tho (:

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Jeremy, plan on getting it tuned and hoping that will fix my speedo and gain more power and especially hopefully add some mpg back. I heard the tune will fix the shift points too but I dont know anything about this tuning stuff. I heard bullydog is the one to buy?

The tune will definitely help with the speedo and shift points. It will probably help it feel more responsive as well. I know of the bullydog programmer, but that's about it. I know several members on here are extremely happy with their custom tunes through blackbear or Diablo, both of which are site vendors. The best advice I could give there would be to look at all of them and try and make the best decision.

I'm assuming you're running 35s with that lift. Is that correct? If so, ideally you'd want 4.10 or 4.56 gears so your tranny isn't working so hard to push the added weight and bigger bulk. It should also help you get back a bit of fuel economy and lower end power.

Tires are 33's

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by