GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Unhappy Help!!! Service Traction Control lights and ABS lights will not go off after lift....

Hello guys,
    I have lifted my 07 Tahoe 4x4 3.5" Rough Country and added Bilstein shocks, but now my abs and traction control lights will not go off, the "service traction controll" flashes up on my readout. this is very frustrating, I love my lift and cant wait to order my 35 inch tires, MT ATZ, BFG ATs, General Grabbers 2, or Nitto DInko AT, or MTs. I cannot decide, but anyway the mechanic told me it takes about 100 miles for the computer to "relearn" and reset....anyone heard of this or is it just BS?
    Nath
    Nath aka Tahoe Tater

Usally that works just give it time if it doesnt go away make sure that durring you install you didnt pinch anywires or damge anything. You could also remove the negative battery terminal to clear all codes and see if it comes back. Btw with the newer trucks OBD2 can tell you codes with the abs and traction control so go to a shop and they can read it for free.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door