GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default The ultimate Suburban

You all know what is cool? People that take these C4500/C5500 crew cab chassis' and put the 1-ton dooley bed on them, makes me want one. Has anyone seen this truck with the back 1/3 of a Suburban grafted in behind the rear doors? That would be the ultimate Suburban.

havent seen one of them yet but a couple months back i had the idea to put the body of a chevy express on the topkick chassis. basically the same idea but youd have more headroom i think.

- - - Updated - - -

the body on these trucks has the same doors as the express van so i think the body is the same size and shape so attatching the ass end of a van should line up rather nicely

huh, let's see some photos of this. I've seen some in the past, would like to see another few photos of them put up here.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

This was made up at Valanca in the Bronx. They do my custom work like on my hood and my past trucks.. Look at the front end..Good Hood was bolted on, along with the Valanca fiberglass front bumper cover. A billet grille and clear foglights complete the front-end treatment. Before any pigments were applied, Louis and Larry also added a full Valanca body kit including side skirts and rear bumper cover. With the body in order, the Tahoe was rolled into the paint booth, where over 500 hours were spent perfecting the tear-away, snake, and two-tone graphics. ICI Auto Color paint was used, with the palette ranging from orange pearl to white - with silver, red, yellow, gray, and blue also used. After seven coats of clear and a thorough wet-sanding, the Tahoe was rolled out of the Valanca paint booth and rolled onto the lift.While up in the air, a McGaughys 2/4 lowering kit was installed using front drop spindles and rear coils. With the air tools out, the Valanca crew added Baer EradiSpeed 14-inch rotors, front and rear. Before the Tahoe was placed back on the ground, Boze 22x10-inch six-speed wheels were bolted up, with 305/40R22 Toyo Proxes tires mounted to each hoop.
    Looking killer on the outside, the Valanca team knew it was now time to make the inside look just as custom. After the dash bezel was sanded smooth and painted orange a custom fiberglass center console was built and painted to match. Valanca then installed the Eclipse navigation and DVD player head unit in the stock location and filled the stock speaker locations with JL Audio separates. Moving to the rear, two JL Audio amps power four 8-inch JL Audio W7 subwoofers that are mounted in a 1-inch-thick plexiglass enclosure. Six Icon monitors sprinkled throughout provide visual entertainment, while a PlayStation 2 and an Xbox give the passengers some gaming options. Godfrey and Son, in the Bronx, wrapped the factory seats in two-tone gray leather with orange suede inserts and also added the gray suede headliner. B&I Trim painted the steering wheel orange to finish off the interior.
    Powering this customized Tahoe is a 5.3L V-8 equipped with a MagnaCharger supercharger pushing 7 psi of atmosphere into the cylinders. Gibson headers and a Gibson 3-inch exhaust help expel the burnt fuel and provide the 425hp powerplant with a rumble. On the underside of the Keystone hood lies a Valanca-applied painted mural that goes to show the amount of detail each vehicle receives.

Read more: http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0...#ixzz28II18HTE
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Hey Greg I look forward to seeing the photos of your project.

I too want to see photos

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)