GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Smile Greetings from Detroit

ARRRGH, Matey.

Ahab is here.

Well it's time to retire the S-10 and get a new ride.
    For the past 30 years it seems that whenever I've bought a new ride circumstances have required me to get whatever's least expensive and on the lot. I've decided that this time I'll get what I want.

I figured that the best way to find out about all the truck I want is to join a forum and check the posts.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot. I do have (and too often offer) an opinion on things.

I enjoy a good discussion, I refuse to argue.

In the past my motto has been "The is no such thing as a dumb question, only a dumb answer." I've recently altered that to read, "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask."

I have 34 years experience in heavy construction, for the past 11 years I've been a safety profesional. I'm an amateur artist doing scrimshaw (carving/scratching designs/pictures into bone, antler, horn & ivory), read a lot, do as much remodeling at home as I can (most recently minor interior demolition, plaster, electrical, paint, wallpaper, woodwork in my dinette and kitchen), married 30 years, enjoy all types of music and go to local symphonic concerts where my daughter plays bassoon & Contra-bassoon in the orchestras.

to the site. I think alot of your questions will deffinently be answered and I think after reading some of the stuff you will be able to make a good choice on vehicle. You sound like a very well rounded person, lets see some of the artwork we like pictures on this site. Hope to see you around on the site posting it up.
    Last edited by MD4x4 Fireman; 01-04-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added something
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

Ahad, Glad you could join us. Truck decisions are fun. I love jumpin' in and out of trucks trying them out. (The sales guys usually just stands there like...What are you an idiot son, pick a truck already)

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

yeah getting rid of your s-10 can be sad, ive done it, but hopefully this site will help you pick something you'll love so you'll forget all about that s-10

Andrew
    2006 gmc sierra, 4.8l, gibson headers, flowmasters exhaust, hypertech power programmer,4.10 gears, 3 inch rough country suspension lift w/ 285/70/17 cooper disoverer stt's, tinted windows, westin grill gaurd, herculiner bedliner, black fender flares, HID headlights,black painted front bumper

Legend

Welcome to the site. Do you have any idea's on what you'd like in your new truck?

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Welcome to the site
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

Former Member

Welcome to the site!