GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
  1. General Information
    ROCK CANDY
    GMC
    Sierra
    Victory Red

Picked this truck up in November 2009...and instantly had a vision of how she needed to look. Saved all of my cash and slowly started adding things here and there. She's still not done, but is slowly getting closer to my final vision.

Modifications

The exterior was in really good shape when I bought it...just been poorly maintained and desperately needed some polishing to remove swirls and marring. Now she gets a 3-bucket bath at least once a week, and polished every 6 months...sometimes more.

The interior was also well maintained, only I didn't know until I removed the seat cover and cleaned it all up. Looks almost brand spankin' new now.

This is the one area I really need. it's got a fair stereo and sub...but not loud and clear enough really. I think the "Kicker" branded sub box needs re-built to properly work with the JL sub.

•  

She's a recently rebuilt Jasper 355, from what I understand. I had to invest over $1000.00 in it to get her to pass inspection, and had a few issues here and there since then but overall, she runs strong and sounds mean. Approximately 40,xxx on new motor and 177,xxx total on the odometer.

•  

From what I'm told, the front springs were cut and I know the back has a c-notch and axle flip. I had a 92 Silverado years ago on a Bell-Tech 4/6 drop and this sits just a bit higher so my guess is it's about a 3/5 drop total. She's got a nice rake to her which I like, although I'd really like to be a lot lower. Maybe someday.

She's got 15x7 & 15x8.5" Torq-Thrust D's snuggled in 235/60 & 275/60 BFG Radial tires. When I bought it, she had Boss 20's on her and they were all trashed. Each one was curbed and I think I had 3 different brands of tires on them...all 4 were bald. Now, those old 20's are her 'winter shoes' (with new Hankook tires) since they were already in bad shape.

Comments: 3 / Views: 1550

I love the bold red paint on this truck.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Nice work. Clean & simple.

Jr. Apprentice

Default Be as Unique as your truck

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I love the bold red paint on this truck.
    I Love the red paint you have painted on your truck,and the wheels, gold and silver, are they American Wheel Company? I wonder if they would be the same for a '96 Chevy Suburban?
    If you ever want to have your truck hand drawn and hand painted on a T-shirt, I do them.
    I have an album under Dave's Auto Art/facebook with many of the t-shirts that I have done and I have 5 pics in an album on here in my profile, if you were ever interested in having one done.You have a real sharp looking truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a nice day,
    chevysuburban1