GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Looking for gaskets or seals for headlights

I am looking to find new seals for my headlights going into the covers. I just put on new lenses and still getting moisture inside. Any ideas?

What year truck? The new bulbs should have had new orings on them. The housing itself could be the issue. A quick fix is to pull of the housing and drill a few small holes in the bottom of the lens. That will get rid of your condensation and it will not return.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks for the tip, Someone had told that to me a while ago, I just didn't want to drill into the new lenses, but if thats all it takes then at least they wont fill with water.

had a shop order them i am sure they got them off of EBAY, my guess is aftermarket.all the lights are new, just bought them. i was pissed when they had moisture in them after a couple of days.

That stinks. I have heard that a lot of aftermarket lights leak (not all, but a lot)