GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowl Hood

Post Cowl Hood

I am wondering where i can get a somewhat cheap cowl induction hood for a 1994 GMC yukon.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I know that Goodmark made them.. Try a good swap meet..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

One thing I learned working in a body shop is you difinitely get what you pay for in aftermarket body panels. The cheaper panels on the market always use lighter gauge metal and always come dented and wavy requiring lots of body work. Then when fitting them to the truck its almost impossible to align the hoods with both fenders. Spend the money and buy a quality product. I promise you'll be alot happier in the end.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

I agree. If you are anything like me you will not be happy with a cheap one.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Boonduff View Post
    One thing I learned working in a body shop is you difinitely get what you pay for in aftermarket body panels. The cheaper panels on the market always use lighter gauge metal and always come dented and wavy requiring lots of body work. Then when fitting them to the truck its almost impossible to align the hoods with both fenders. Spend the money and buy a quality product. I promise you'll be alot happier in the end.
    Quoted for truth...

Im assuming you mean "cheap" as in price. I paid $400 for my Reflexxion hood delivered to where ever I wanted(actually had the truck driver deliver to where I was working) My body man had no problem painting it. It came primed but we sealed it then painted. No body work had to be done with it. Now by the time I paid for the hood, matched paint, supplies, and paid my body man I was into it for $1000.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Im assuming you mean "cheap" as in price. I paid $400 for my Reflexxion hood delivered to where ever I wanted(actually had the truck driver deliver to where I was working) My body man had no problem painting it. It came primed but we sealed it then painted. No body work had to be done with it. Now by the time I paid for the hood, matched paint, supplies, and paid my body man I was into it for $1000.
    Yup -- it adds up quickly!

I have seen some hoods I like, like Phantom's but, it seems like there are 6 standard designs for aftermarket hoods. I would thought about a RAM air, or Cowl hood, but none of them are really unique anymore. I guess they can be painted different colors but they are no different than the hood someone else has.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I guess the hood to custom build would be a new ZL1 from the Camaro.. I've seen old vette hoods on some trucks The old Big Block 454 hoods from the 70's..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast