GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Leveling Kit Questions

Hello all I'm new to the site and I have some questions about a leveling kit for my 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 LT. I recently got new wheels and a more aggressive tire and with the stock suspension when the steering wheel is cut all the way to ether side the wheel rubs a little on the inside of the fender. Its a 17'' wheel and the tire size is LT285/70R17. There is only a small amount of rubbing so I think a leveling kit will solve my problem. After doing some research I have some questions and I don't really know where to start. First, I found that there are different kits (some 2'' some 2.25'' and so on). Witch would be the best for both looks and the most practical? Also, where would be the best place to buy a kit?
    Any comments would be much appreciated.
    Thank you all for your time and by safe.

Joe Caporaletti
    Last edited by Joe Caporaletti; 10-07-2012 at 07:11 AM.

***THREAD MOVED***
    To The
    LOWERED/URBAN SUSPENSION SECTION

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Many have the Ready Lift kit. If you search through the thread that has pics of leveled trucks you will see many of the kits in use. I believe Autoanything.com sells them. They are a vendor on the site.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

i have a ready lift 2.25 kit in my truck, works great!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

awesome that's what I ordered after talking to a buddy of mine thanks for your help

Joe