GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2006 crew cab Vortex Max 6L Low oil Pressure

Hey, sounds like a great thread of responses for this issue! Anyone have any special thoughts on my problem ?

I have a 2006 crew cab with "179,000" miles on it. always changed oil every 5k miles. ONLY used full synthetic oil. I now have allot of rattle in the morning for the first 10 minutes after start. My big concern here though is i have low oil pressure. used to run 40 to 60 now i get 20 to 40 / mostly 20-25 in the morning until i hit my normal 219 deg running temp. Had oil pump checked out and all good.. could my bearings already be going bad? new truck time?

FYI: Vortex MAX 6000SS/ 6.0l engine.. dealer said it was some special production run..

ANY comments?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIGRED.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	44852

What weight oil are you running? Are you using an AC delco filter? I have heard of issues with some aftermarket filter's bypass valves. I don't know if the bypass would affect your low oil pressure at start up. Is it a knocking sound? A ticking sound? The best thing you could do would be to make a video of it while it was making the noise, post it on youtube and then post the link here. If some of the other members can hear the noise it may help them help you

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

oil has always been as per factory at 20-40 it was just changed to 20-50 with a new filter and a gained a small/small raise in pressure. the morning knock is the normal cold engine sound so i am not as worried about that.
    I GUESS MY MAIN QUESTION IS: is this normal on a heavy use chevy. 2007 purchase to now.. 36k per year mostly city..