GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default 2009 Hummer H2 Review

Here it is folks the new hummer h2

1998 GMC Sierra SLE- Bone stock engine, 4'' in dash dvd 2 10" subs 800watt amp.

1999 Buick Park avesdf

1971 Buick Electra 225 built 455 and turbo 400

I'm still not convinced that these SUV's are really all that good off road. About anything with a small wheel base can do this. Heck I've seen the Rhino do more than this.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

It is a nice vehicle, but too big for today's "state of the auto industry". It will be interesting to see if GM can go ahead and sell Hummer. Something needs to happen.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

I've driven one, it's a very impressive vehicle, that's for sure. The problem is the cost of fuel and how much fuel it takes. It's incredible driving, tons of power and all the perks that you could want.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

i hate the H2, i think GM destroyed the HUMMER name. GM increased the price of the H1 just so they could discontinue it, (not enough profit on a truck that sells less than 1000 units a year). I hope they give it back to AM General so they can start selling them again.

Im just glad that you are useing it the way a 4x4 should be used...

here are some pics of a REAL HUMMER , im still pissed at myself for selling it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hanging out.jpg   ex GF with my truck.jpg   my H2 opinion.jpg   natural environment.jpg   taking a  break.jpg  

Josh

"Do what you can, With what you have, Where you are." TR.

2007 Chevy 2500 6.6 LMM
    1998 HUMMER- sold
    1998 F150- sold

Quote Originally Posted by Akula682 View Post
    i hate the H2, i think GM destroyed the HUMMER name. GM increased the price of the H1 just so they could discontinue it, (not enough profit on a truck that sells less than 1000 units a year). I hope they give it back to AM General so they can start selling them again.

Im just glad that you are useing it the way a 4x4 should be used...

here are some pics of a REAL HUMMER , im still pissed at myself for selling it.
    The problem with the H1 cost was that it was designed for something totally different than the H2 was designed for. It really does cost that much money to build one, because of what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The problem with the H1 cost was that it was designed for something totally different than the H2 was designed for. It really does cost that much money to build one, because of what it is.
    No. it costs as much as it did because of the; low number of sales, less than 1000 a year on average, the "status" symbol that it is, and that they ended up makeing everyone of them the "highest end possible" truck ever, there was no real "lesser package" option. yeah you could get it without the UCP or the roof rack... but that is a really pitiful "up grade" package. In the end, Greed is why the Hummer cost so much, GM knew that people wanted the status of owning a Hummer, and they knew people would pay for it... so they charged for it.

GM "redesigned" the H1 and jacked the price up beyond what the new design actually cost by a significant amount. GM tacked on $50,000 just for installing a 6.6L D-Max and Allison Tranny, pretty expensive engine/tranny upgrade that is about all they did to it.

You’re right, the H2 is not designed the same as the H1 they are so VASTLY different that they cant even be considered the same kind of vehicle… they do NOT share the same automotive “DNA” as the H1. They took the name that is all. But the H1 is not that complicated of a truck to build, it is just a well built 1 ¼ ton truck.

AM General gave the name to GM with the understanding that GM MUST promote the H1... something that GM had no intention of doing because they knew that they could not sell enough of them. You can see it in their advertising from when they took over the name, you would only see glimpses of the H1, they kept force feeding the inferior H2 (and then the H3) to everyone. GM had brainwashed pretty much the entire public into thinking that the H2 was the "civilian" version of the Military Truck. The news casters made that painfully apparent, (also goes to show how stupid news casters are). As soon as the sales numbers dropped enough to where GM could drop the H1 line… they did.

If AM General were to bring back the "recruit" version of the HUMMER, a bare bones truck, it would cost about the same or less than my 07 2500 DMax, which is not loaded at all.

H1 and H2 looks good, don't like H3, H3 is too small

That is one sweet ride, wish i could afford one
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

Always wanted to get an H1 but that 100,000 dollar price tag kind of killed it. I work at a rich private school and the sad thing is one of the highschoolers drives an H1 to school every day.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast