GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Delco/ GM# 15054697

So I called the dealer to get the part number for my AC/Climate control unit under the stereo and they gave me: 15054697. The dealer told me they cannot get it because it is in such short supply that the only way they could get it is for insurance purposes like a flood/fire/ wreck, etc. (Some how I find it hard to believe). There are roughly half a million trucks/suburbans, etc that use this part number that were manufactured. Unless this unit is particularly bad going out.

So then I turned to our friend google. There are a few on fleabay, Rock auto does not carry it and it does not look like any third parties make it either like Air or Dorman.

So how do I get ahold of one of these?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqF,!lkE+tPMpJ0QBP7iPc8Ljg~~60_35.JPG 
Views:	520 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	44540

GMpartsdirect says they have it for $95. I attempted to call the GM employee service parts warehouse to see what they say about having it in stock. There is something going on with their phone line so I could not get thru.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    GMpartsdirect says they have it for $95. I attempted to call the GM employee service parts warehouse to see what they say about having it in stock. There is something going on with their phone line so I could not get thru.

Thank you Pikey, If you can get through and get any more info out of Gm/Delco, where ever this control unit comes from, that would be great. Worst case, I guess I can get it from GM Parts direct.

The funny thing is I want to make sure it is the right one, there are so many of these that "look almost identical" except for minor differences. I think this is going to be one of those headache parts :-(

PM me your vin#. When I get thru to SPO I can just give them the vin and they will give me the correct part number (the part that if left the factory with). They close at 4:30 est today. So, if I don't get thru I will try again tomorrow

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I spoke with GM SPO this morning. According to GM the part number that for the control unit that matches your VIN is 19244873. Just like the dealer told you GM SPO can't get it unless it is a case of fire or theft. That is ridiculous!! I did find it here: http://www.gmpartseast.com/parts/gm-...3_control.html but, who knows if they can get it? Sorry, wish I had better info

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)