GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Terrible dealer experience in upstate SC

Hey everyone, I'm a new Yukon XL owner and have been reading these forums daily for the last month or so. I don't post much (or at all) but I came across this video of a dealer in the upstate of South Carolina and thought that it needed to be shared. It's not Suburban related but its definitely Chevrolet related.

The basic gist of it is that some service techs ruined this guys cutch and then tried to both blame it on him AND defraud GM at the same time. Check it out and spread the word please - I don't know the person in this video but I know if I was in his shoes that I would appreciate any help in getting the word out.

Yahoo Auto has more info on this issue. The whole situation is messed up.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

I hope GM helps the guy out. I know they said they couldn't do anything, but they should reprimand the dealer or employees. Come on who gonna argue with the worlds largest automaker. ANd this gives them a bad rep.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

There's a little more information here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254111

Including a post from the person who this happened to. It looks like the story is gaining traction as it was posted on Yahoo! Autos and a few other popular auto blogs yesterday. I say good for the sites for posting it. The dealer in question has asked that the stories be taken down because the video was edited. It may have been, but until they can come out with their side of the story I think I back this guy vs. the dealer.

It's an interesting story no doubt and I will be looking forward to see where it ends up.

Thread moved to Coffee Shop
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 10-15-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Moved again to Car Dealer Reviews

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)