GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default No Head Lights / Wheres the fuse ?

Hey guys, go figure soon as I register to ask some questions about my C/K my S10 has issues. So no headlights and no turn signals. I check every fuse in the dash and they were all fine. I couldn't find a fuse box under the hood. The only thing I found was a terminal on the drivers side fender that had several wires with what looked like in-line fuses. Is this correct. Any help is appreciated.

Your headlights operate through a 30 amp circuit breaker... Not a fuse. It should be self-resetting unless you have a problem
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Thanks, What would be the best way to trouble shoot this? Or what would cause this?

What year is your S10?
    If it's an earlier series, the breaker is built into the headlamp switch, but it only protects the headlamps. If you don't have anything, I'd be looking for an open circuit in the power feed to the switch. Those wires that look like in-line fuses are fusible links. The easiest way to check them is just give them a solid tug. A bad one will just pull in two, and you'll have to replace it. I suspect that's your problem. If it is, you'll need to check for the cause of the overload on the circuit.
    Good Luck and God Bless
    Remember that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem!

Thanks, It looks like I do have turn signals and its just the headlights. I believe its a 94

There are 2 places that you can look. You will need a test light or VOM. Your S10 may have the instrument panel fuse block. It would be located behind a small door in the side of the instrument panel. It is visible when you open the driver's door. Circuit #7 feeds the headlamp relay. There may be another fuse block in the engine compartment. Open the cover and identify the circuit breaker labeled HDLP PWR. Check that voltage is present here.

HHR SS_________________The Heritage Hot Rod