GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Evap Question

Question Evap Question

My TB just go a new gas tank and fuel pump at the dealer on Friday (free of charge). After driving it for the weekend the Service engine light came on took it back to the dealer they are telling me the lines that go to the Evap solenoid are bad. They told me $850.00 to fix it but the parts are on back order (3 weeks). Does anyone know the part numbers or the name of these parts? I need #1 and #5 in the pictures

Thanks

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Legend

first the cost is quite high for this service. since they replaced the fuel tank they broke these lines . I would not go back to this dealership.

the fuel tank need be dropped then the canister and lines need inspection. It is possible they did not correctly hook up a line or fractured the lines causing a leak.

other repair shops can do this for less and in most cases there are aftermarket repair kits to repair this for much less.

with the use of proper tools to remove the quick disconnect lines / fittings I find this odd that this was a mistake or somehow a component failure at this time .

I agree. Make a fuss at the dealer, if they don't repair it for free then threaten to call GM customer service. If that does not help then actually call GM customer service and file a report. You may be surprised to see how fast things get done after speaking with them.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

You should make them pay for their mistake. Call them and be polite but if they refuse go there when they are full of customers and make your case in front of everyone. Trust me it works and this was worth the look on the service writters face. I just had a 440 evap code but the kid at the gas station forgot to put the cap on.