GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just reread your original post, if you are thinking that it is an intake manifold gasket you can test it by spraying carb cleaner around the edges of it while the truck is running. if the RPMs increase then you found your issue.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I just reread your original post, if you are thinking that it is an intake manifold gasket you can test it by spraying carb cleaner around the edges of it while the truck is running. if the RPMs increase then you found your issue.
    hey thanks this is something else i can try im also going to be trying a soapy water solution.
    tomorrow like chiltons says to check vacum hoses for leaks

Sr. Engineer

You won't have any luck checking vacume lines with soap solution unless you can pressurize them somehow. As Pikey suggests, try some carb cleaner sprayed around the mating surfaces and hoses while running and you will get a change in RPM if there is a leak.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

will throttle body cleaner work or does it have to be just carb cleaner?

well did the carb cleaner trick and no leaks while running.

im at a loss here

i was setting in the driveway gie it a lil gas let off the rpms drop
    and it died it does this more so when turning the wheels left or right!

Sr. Engineer

You had mentioned a drive by wire setup. is your engine drive by wire? Two things come to mind... first is the Idle Air Control may not be working correctly and second is the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve may be stuck open. I am not familiar with the 03 and it may have both or neither. Are you able to start it back up Ok after it has died? Aside from a little load on the engine I can't imagine what steering iinput could affect.

it fires right up no problem and will idle real good yes it is drive by wire

this is only occuring when im slowing down the rpms drop an will sometimes die
    or when im in a parking lot and go to turn the wheel it will die

i can leave it in park rev it a bit turn the wheel one way or the other and it wil die

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12