GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default issue with programming keyless entry remote

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado with power door locks. I bought the truck second hand and I didn't get any remotes from him. I bought a remote on ebay and I'm going through the process to program the remotes and it confirms the programming before I can push the lock and unlock buttons to program the remote. I'm wondering if the truck is set up for keyless entry, is there a way to tell? I assume it is because the truck is able to go into programming mode. Any help would be great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 278 View Post
    I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado with power door locks. I bought the truck second hand and I didn't get any remotes from him. I bought a remote on ebay and I'm going through the process to program the remotes and it confirms the programming before I can push the lock and unlock buttons to program the remote. I'm wondering if the truck is set up for keyless entry, is there a way to tell? I assume it is because the truck is able to go into programming mode. Any help would be great!!!
    To the Site Matt.......the way to find out if your 04" has/came with Remote Keyless Entry, is inside your Glove Box, is a White Sticker, and that is the Service Parts I.D. Tag and on it you will see the Vin # Number and a Series of Letter's and Number's, those are RPO Codes, which stands for Regular Production Options, in short what that Silverado came with from the Factory......the RPO Code for the Remote Keyless Entry is.....AU0

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN