GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Heater Control Problem

Heys guys i have a quick question and hopefully you guys can help out.My brother-in-laws truck is a 1996 Chevy 1500 5.7l 2wd. So anyway about 3 weeks ago he called me and asked why his heater control isnt working,so i told him to come over and lets replace some stuff.So we replaced the blower motor,the bosch fuse under there,checked all the fuses,blower motor resistor,etc...Still nothing,so i took the heater control out and checked all the wires for cuts,etc...Still nothing.So i put everything back together and messed with it for alittle and noticed when the key is on and you push the A/C button the light for that dont even turn on.Could i be wrong thinking the heater control itself finally took a dump??...its been getiing cold here at nights/mornings,so hes needing this fixed...any suggestions??

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Nobody has any suggestions??

It could be the switch, but light s in those are known to burn out, so no light does not necessarily mean that it is bad. Did you check to see if you are getting power to the switch? then turn it on and see if power leaves the switch. Grab a test light and give it a check. Did you check the fuses under the hood and in the fuse panel?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I havent checked if im getting power to it or not and ya i checked the fuses under the hood and fuse panel