GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Jr. Mechanic

Default front turn signal assembly?

Does anyone know if someone make the front turn signal assembly in leds like you can buy the tail light assembly in leds? For 2003 avalanche
    Last edited by freddie; 10-14-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Do you have the cladded Avalanche, or the WBH (Without Body Hardware)?
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

Jr. Mechanic

With cladding

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Nope... Cladded Lights are Different then any other GM Truck ... You can get a Bulb.. But the whole unit is not made..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disney 042.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	44813
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Mechanic

@ Enkeiavalanche your signature says 08 AV. So the pic posted isnt yours right?

Legend

My old Av Was the First one sold in the US I had it June 1 01 Till I got my 08.. Sold the 02 with 139K on her It was used in many ad's and on many web sites.. I miss it... Are you on any of the Avalanche web sites?

Name:	florida truck pics 026 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	44837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 038 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	44838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	086.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	44839Old and New..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Mechanic

No just on here. Both look very good! Be glad when i get some extra money to do more upgrades. The reason why i was asking was i thought u had hids in the cladded fog light. I would like to do that in mine but they collect moisture inside and blow all my bulbs. And i was just wondering if you knew if replacement assemblies were made better. Until i reread your signature and realized yhat you have an 08 now.

Legend

If I remember right people used to put 9006 or 9005's in the fog light opening for a brighter bulb The DRLs always got Amber Sylvania's...SilverStars

Name:	resize.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	44851

Jr. Mechanic

I currently dont have any bulbs in the DRL's or fogs because the inside of the lenses collect moisture. And all the bulbs end up blowing. Do you think new replacement lenses /hanging fog light DRL assembly would be better so they wouldnt collect moisture too over time? I just don't want to spend the money on new one just to have the same problem soon after i put them in.

Have you tried using silicone around the housing?
    This may be the most inexpensive way to keep the moisture out. It may be worth the try before you spend the larger amount of money getting newer housings.
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast