GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jr. Mechanic

No i haven't tried anything like that. I actually didnt realize that they were collecting moisture till one day after several days of heavy rain i saw that the driver side was half full of rain water. And my fog light had exploded. That turned the inside of the reflective material around it black. So i will have to buy new ones now anyway. I have seen other AVs around in parking lots with one new one and an old one and it just doesnt look right. I could tell that there was a difference. And on my truck stuff like that just irritates me. For some reason.

I agree....it would irritate me also...I can't stand having OEM equipment on my truck that does not work, or look like it should. (Unless I make it better...lol)

If you do get new housings, I would suggest putting a bead of clear silicone around all the possible leak points to prevent any water from coming in...perhaps this will allow you to have them much longer.
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

Jr. Mechanic

Thats a really good idea! Thanks. I will have to keep that in mind for next year. Cause now all my extra $ is going to the kiddos christmas presents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12