GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Lightbulb Washed my truck now it will not run

I have a 2007 3500 Duramax. I have replaced fuel filter and and had it running yesterday. Washed the exterior and radiator now it will not start. Any ideas what to do.

Did you was under the hood? does it crank?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Hood was open while I washed radiator. I check most of the connections I could access and all were dry. I also checked all fuses and drained fuel filter again to make sure. Starter turns over but pistons will not fire at all.

Only thing that I can suggest is to go to a parts store, autozone/oreillys/advance, and borrow a scan tool. You can plug it in and find out if you have any codes stored, that may help pin point the issue. Doing a few minutes of research I found a few instances of bad cam sensors (no longer waterproof) getting wet during washing and causing a no start issue with the duramax. There were reports of of the pins in the cam sensor connectors not making contact after being touched to dry the motor off. A adjustment of the pins in the connector fixed the issue. I am not saying that this is your issue. I just found a few examples of that. Scan it and let us know what you find.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks for the suggestion. I will let you know what I find

Any new info on this?

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I have not made it to auto zone yet. Used a shot of ether and got it to run but now the service engine light is on. Sounds like I may have a injector out.

Quote Originally Posted by fdaugherty View Post
    I have not made it to auto zone yet. Used a shot of ether and got it to run but now the service engine light is on. Sounds like I may have a injector out.
    Ether is a bad idea with a diesel! Use it to many times ans the truck may never start without it. Every time you use it you risk bending the connecting rods just a little. Bend them a little too many times and you have a "ether addicted" truck. not to mention if your glow plugs are hot and that ether hits them it makes for a nice loud explosion. (I have seen it happen)
    Last edited by Pikey; 10-17-2012 at 01:09 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)