GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default transmission issue?

Hey guys, I have an 08 silverado 1500 5.3, I was pulling into work tonight when suddenly I lost power and slowed. Felt almost like a flat tire or ball joint fell out. I was only doing maybe 15 mph. Stopped and looked and found nothing. Proceeded to pull into a parking spot and felt a lot of resistance and heard clunking/grinding noise from the rear end. I was able to get into spot. I put it drive again and rolled a foot without the throttle and the resistance stopped me.. reverse there wasn't any resistance just the clunking noise. No check engine light.. no leaking fluids. I am still within the powertain warranty, however I did not follow the gm's service interval in regards to fluids besides oil changes every 3k. It has 62k on it now. What does it sound like to you guys and will gm honor the repair or say I didn't follow the maintenance schedule. Thanks

It depends on your dealer. If they want to push the issue of dirty rear end dope then they can or they could let it slide and do the repair.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)