GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
  1. General Information
    Loyd
    Chevy
    1.5 ton
    Green and Black
    None

I found this truck on Craigslist. The man who owned it had replaced all of the oak in the cab. The truck was all in peaces but it was mostly there. My son Loyd and I started fixing her up and, well see for your self. I put a 1950 front end and a 1972 Chevy 1/2 ton 4wd rear end under her. The engine and transmission is from a 1950 3/4 ton.

Modifications

I painted her the closest color I could to the original green she had been. The fenders are black as are the running boards. The roof is a heavy rubberized nylon. It used to be a military 5 ton canvas.

The roof is bare wood. The door panels and the cab are upholstered in a green soft burlap. The seats are a heavy canvas.

None. No place for it.

•  

My beautiful 1950 216.

I kept the heavy 1.5 ton leaf springs on the rear and the front. I mounted the fuel tank in the rear where the spare tire rack had been. you can see the 1970 1/2 ton Chevy 4wd rear end sitting there. The next frosty photo is of the front, with the 1950 front end bolted right in place on those heavy leaf springs. The steering arm hooked right up to the 1950 as well.

I have 1950 rims with standard 1/2 ton Chevy pickup tires. I am planing on putting some nice tires on her one day.

Comments: 7 / Views: 2635
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Very nice......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I like it.
    Jerry Acheson of Glenview, IL
    '11 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LML
    '59 Impala Sport Coupe
    '57 Chevy Pickup 3100

Wow, what a great looking project truck. Everything looks so simple and straightforward, but restoring this must have taken some time. Good stuff!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Jr. Apprentice

Default Be as Unique as Your 1930 Chevrolet truck

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Very nice......
    You have a real gem their, not too many of these old Chevrolet trucks left, the wood all wrauted a way and scraped in the depression or the second world war.
    If you ever would like a hand drawn and hand painted T-shirt of your 1930 Chevrolet truck I paint them opn T-shirts.If your interested in seeing some of my many pieces of art I have done over the years, please welcome you to Dave's Auto Art/facebook.com
    I have 7 albums full of T-shirts that I have done.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    chevrysuburban1

5. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

well done, very nice truck

7. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

More peeps need to see this.

Love Older Cars/Trucks so Easy to restore everything is right there no computer crap!
    99 Gmc Sonoma SL 4.3L 4x4 Reg Cab Long Bed