GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What would be involved in installing some 11R22.5 tires and 22.5 inch rims on a

What would be involved in installing some 11R22.5 tires and 22.5 inch rims on a 2000 silverado 1500 / 2wd? is it even possible? or whould it ruin the transmission?

Is this a real post or am I just to drunk?
    2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    LED Dome light
    LED Floor lights
    RC Leveling kit
    Tow Mirrors Custom LED running/signal lights
    BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Are you looking into a set of Semi wheels for a 1500?? A friend had them on his HD and it Looked very cool I will try to find a pic.. But a 1500 I don't know.....I would not do it..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

why would you want to? not only do they use a completely different lug setup (10 bolt) they are far heavier, clearance issues everywhere, and tires are really expensive. i could maybe see it on a lifted one ton or something, but those trucks are built car heavier, a 1500 just could handle the stress involved. there is a reason those rims are on semis and the like.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Jaele View Post
    Is this a real post or am I just to drunk?
    No, your not drunk and this is a real post I have seen a number of 3500/350's where it has been done. I have seen stupid(er)not a real word; things done to trucks before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Are you looking into a set of Semi wheels for a 1500?? A friend had them on his HD and it Looked very cool I will try to find a pic.. But a 1500 I don't know.....I would not do it..
    Yes, I have seen a number of 1 ton/ 3500's/F350's where they have done this and I really like the look if gives. I assume that the tranny and axles on a 1500 would get destroyed (stock) trying to use that tire and wheel combination.

So it could potentially be done, but it would require more than wheels, tires and a lift kit........ a new tranny and axles would be needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    why would you want to? not only do they use a completely different lug setup (10 bolt) they are far heavier, clearance issues everywhere, and tires are really expensive. i could maybe see it on a lifted one ton or something, but those trucks are built car heavier, a 1500 just could handle the stress involved. there is a reason those rims are on semis and the like.

Alex
    Not sure how much more of a clearance issue I would have over the clearance issues I have now with a stock height 1500, it would probably sit a tad higher that it does now.

The cost of tires is relative...... My 265/70R16 Michelin LTX M/S2 were $189 each....... People with lifts that use nitto grappler's are sitting at 35 inches (road to top of tire). This would not be any different.

Also the nitto's are almost $400 each ($391). 11R22.5's run between $250 and $300 per tire.

So if I want to use these:

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/

on a 1500, I assume, I would need to upgrade to an HD Transmission (4L80e/gas) or the allison (diesel). The drive shaft would need to be upgraded. I could go with a 3500 HD axle in the back, a lift kit and heavy duty suspension in the front to support the weight and clearance of the new wheels.

Those wheels are heavier than the stock wheels on a 1500, but they are lighter than the steel wheels on a semi.

Legend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9336.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	44798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9386.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	44799Not my friends but some pics for you..

I did some research because I had no idea what you were talking about. Those tires measure 41.4" in diameter. That is going to take alot of work to pull off. I had a 95 silverado with a 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. I could only fit 38.5" tires

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Lol, That is sort of the look, I have seen them on duallys that are not lifted quite that high where they "look" stock and throw you off so you have to do a double take. That truck they stand out easy because of its height and the color (Yellow?) :-( lol

- - - Updated - - -

The paint on this one is not so obnoxious and it visually does not seem quite as high:

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/i...m&path=9&aid=7

I have been searching for "the look" I want:

Name:	truckweb.jpg 
Views:	993 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	44854

http://www.playingwithspeed.com/page4.html

I don't think that looks all that crazy, it actually looks good, but doing it on a 1500 is a whole other story :-(

Legend

I found a pic of my friends truck.. He used to Fishtail it.. It was Whicked Fast...

Name:	IMG_1113.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	45170

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by