GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Mirror up grade

Hybrid View

Default Mirror up grade

Hi all, my 2009 serria 1500 SL came with heated and adjustable mirrors but I see a lot of auto dimming ones with turn signals built into them. I know I would need a new door switch cluster (if I install the power fold option) but other than that does anyone know if I can just plug them into my existing wire harness! I see the mirrors with the "your to close radar" option, but I'm sure that that option takes more than my SL can handle. Any suggestions out there? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by nikkeshelton; 10-16-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: mis spelling

I'm not sure what you would also need to upgrade but it sounds possible.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

ive been looking at manual fold tow mirrors. lady at the gmc dealership told me the tow mirrors just plug right in to what i have now (manual fold electric adjust) not how that would work with what your trying to do. you could try a parts guy at the dealership.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

@99'HEARTBEAT always seems to have good info when it comes to this kind of thing. Send him a pm

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Hey Guys, I have the mirrors with dimming, signal heated and folding.

One morning last winter, after an overnight snow storm, I found the driver's side mirror hanging by the wires.

I had to buy a new one. Remove the inner door panel, unclip the wiring harness, unplug the wiring harness and remove 3 nuts and the old mirror was out, new went in just as easy.

It plugged into the Driver's Door Module (colour coded plug into match colour jack). There were a number of other colour coded jacks on the DDM. I don't know if different mirrors use different jacks, or if all mirrors plug into the same jack and there are fewer wires in the plug.

I suspect, the DDM is the same for all models, probably the different mirrors will work when plugged in.

The part number for the driver's side mirror is 20843108, it was around $220 US
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)