GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gabethesvg View Post
    nice man! i looks pretty damn good to me. im deffinetly ordering some and starting with all the chrome around the truck on my bumpers.
    Thanks. I've had it on my chrome for a long time. I'm gunna finish it up this weekend and hopefully my new headlights, fogs and tails will be delivered this weekend so I can get some updated pics up. Then it'll be time to tear the motor and trans apart
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Jr. Engineer
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plasti dip.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	44861I plasti dipped my moulding and the 2500hd emblems it did very well the moulding had the chrome strip in it it covered it very good
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Craig\My Documents\Downloads[/IMG]T Tuff Country Leveling Kit 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ 16x8 Moto Metal 951 Wheels Tow Mirrors Westin Winch Tray Pioneer Radio Blackout Bowtie Billet Grill Insert Gullwing Toolbox

Does anyone know if this stuff would have an effect on the backup sensors in the bumper if I were to plastidip over them? They are affected by ice when I wash the truck and it freezes. I wouldn't want to do just the bumper and leave the sensors chrome.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by groceryman View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plasti dip.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	44861I plasti dipped my moulding and the 2500hd emblems it did very well the moulding had the chrome strip in it it covered it very good
    That looks nice!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

nice work i will be doing some plasti-dip soon as well :D cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Does anyone know if this stuff would have an effect on the backup sensors in the bumper if I were to plastidip over them? They are affected by ice when I wash the truck and it freezes. I wouldn't want to do just the bumper and leave the sensors chrome.
    I don't have back up sensors, but you can get black ones. But before you spend the money just try it out if it messes with them peel it off

Ahmitchell1- Are you using the paint gun from the kit or using the rattle can ? reason why i ask is because i just did the rattle can on my front bumper last night , the surface seems to be a but ruff but it looks look, reminds me of rhino line almost?? unless that is just the rattle can stuff,videos seem to have a way more smoother finish. i do like the results and will probly do the back bumper and door savers black as well.

pikey- how did you tape them emblems off did you do it around the letter or just square and peel off?

So in all honesty, why can't we get a air spray gun and rhino line or line x our trucks ourselves. I assume it is for quality control because people never follow directions, but I would love to just buy rhino line or line x and do it myself in an afternoon and not pay the labor for some shop to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    So in all honesty, why can't we get a air spray gun and rhino line or line x our trucks ourselves. I assume it is for quality control because people never follow directions, but I would love to just buy rhino line or line x and do it myself in an afternoon and not pay the labor for some shop to do it.

agreed looks simple enough right ?

Quote Originally Posted by gabethesvg View Post
    Ahmitchell1- Are you using the paint gun from the kit or using the rattle can ? reason why i ask is because i just did the rattle can on my front bumper last night , the surface seems to be a but ruff but it looks look, reminds me of rhino line almost?? unless that is just the rattle can stuff,videos seem to have a way more smoother finish. i do like the results and will probly do the back bumper and door savers black as well.

pikey- how did you tape them emblems off did you do it around the letter or just square and peel off?

Ive used the rattle can on my bumpers and grille before this go round Ill be trying a spray gun. It was a little more smooth coming out the gun. But it is also thinned out to use with a gun. My projects currently on hold becuase my truck is dead. I think it's my starter. I just don't get why it would go out so soon my trucks an 09. So until I fix this I won't be painting

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast