GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I wanted to get some plastidip to do my stock wheels and bumpers in black... just for a different look for the winter while my 20s are in storage. I don't want to paint the wheels because I'm not entirely sure I'd like them being black, and the bumpers I would do because I could easily have a different look in the winter and go back to chrome for the summer. The problem for me is that it is ridiculously hard to get here in Canada and it isn't sold in Canada for less than $17 per can as opposed to the $5-6 per can everyone says it costs in the states.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

watch the youtub videos there are tons , i dunno but i seem to see some good results. sure if you want a good job it will take time but for the most part its a cheap badass way to change your look i think.

I'll be plastidipping my entire truck tomorrow I've had it on my rims for well over a year and just peeled it all off today and reprinted because I had a few rips
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I'll be plastidipping my entire truck tomorrow I've had it on my rims for well over a year and just peeled it all off today and reprinted because I had a few rips
    ide love to see pics as i will be doing it very soon as well! your truck looks awsome rims look sleek, i had those stocks now i wish i would have kept them haha

Quote Originally Posted by gabethesvg View Post
    ide love to see pics as i will be doing it very soon as well! your truck looks awsome rims look sleek, i had those stocks now i wish i would have kept them haha
    I'll take some when I'm doing it. I've been very happy with my rims ill be keeping them until I do 20s to clear some willwoods. I've decided I'm keeping this truck so all the money I had for a down payment will be going in it
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

nice cant wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by gabethesvg View Post
    nice cant wait to see it!

Me too you making this thread gave me the itch to go ahead and do it. I spent all day doing some prep work and getting rid of the rest of my emblems and all the gunk underneath which is a pita
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4

thats what i get to look forward too i guess :D

It isn't a very smooth finish. But if you take your time it'll look good. My reason for doing my whole truck is it is scraped to hell. Plus ill peel it all off in a few years when I actually reprint her, I just don't see a reason to do it while I'm still in college with all these crazy people driving around me I've been hit twice n a parking lot in my 4 years at bama. Didn't have the time I thought I would today so I just did my tailgate to see if ill like it

Ignore my bed cap I'm replacing it this weekend and my bumper was painted well over a year ago it's getting painted too.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4

nice man! it looks pretty damn good to me. im deffinetly ordering some and starting with all the chrome around the truck on my bumpers. do you have any more pics of the rest of the truck?.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast