GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roty?

Default Roty?

I haven't been on the site for a complete year... But I was thinking wouldn't it be neat to have a Ride Of The Year contest? The entries would be the twelve winners over the last year?
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    I haven't been on the site for a complete year... But I was thinking wouldn't it be neat to have a Ride Of The Year contest? The entries would be the twelve winners over the last year?
    @TimTom64b thats a great idea, i would like to see something like this, dont you think @Steve

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

I think that would be cool. Maybe win something as well, justa free membership for 6 months or something simple.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I personally don't care for that idea. There are several reasons:

1. It's more work for those doing the ROTM work ... and to my knowledge only one person on this site sees any kind of income for what is truly 'work'.
    2. The timing of it would tend to fall at the end of the calendar year, which is a time typically associated with family due to Xmas, Hanukkah, and/or New Year's eve -- making the timing of the added work less than ideal.
    3. I'd rather see prizes used to incent attendance at meets rather than tweaks to trucks. That may seem odd coming from someone who is constantly tinkering on his truck ... but it's based on the idea that rewarding the construction of a strong community of enthusiasts helps us all, where rewarding the modification to a truck helps just one person.

I dont think that its a bad idea. First of all adding online events is what an online forum is all about regardless of the time of year. Also I have noticed at least 4 if not more new moderators have been added to the site which would allow for more "work" to be delegated to the new moderators that I am guessing have (after being asked) volunteered for this position. I really dont feel that there should be any prizes or awards given to the winner unless maybe a free calender (that may or may not happen since the thread has been closed with no update)or something of that nature but that would be the extent of what I would see appropriate.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I really didn't want it to be some big promotion or anything... Just a friendly competition via a pole/vote between the last years ROTM winners. The prize would be bragging rights... Just thought it would be fun.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

out of the hundreds of thousands of visitors and tens of thousands of members, I would have to say only 10% of the people on here have enough disposable income to "trick out their truck" (no pun intended). How many "stock" trucks make ROTM annually?

I see this as an arms race on who has the most money to dump leaving everyone else out.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    out of the hundreds of thousands of visitors and tens of thousands of members, I would have to say only 10% of the people on here have enough disposable income to "trick out their truck" (no pun intended). How many "stock" trucks make ROTM annually?

I see this as an arms race on who has the most money to dump leaving everyone else out.
    I guess you have a point/view... I'm sure most feel the same way. But I did not view it that way... I have been working on my truck almost three years now... Buying a little here and there. I even do all the work myself... I am proud of what I have accomplished... And yes it does take $$$ and I to do not have a bottomless wallet. Sorry I brought it up... I guess its not such a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    I guess you have a point/view... I'm sure most feel the same way. But I did not view it that way... I have been working on my truck almost three years now... Buying a little here and there. I even do all the work myself... I am proud of what I have accomplished... And yes it does take $$$ and I to do not have a bottomless wallet. Sorry I brought it up... I guess its not such a great idea.
    No worries Tim . I could easily buy a new truck, but then the budget for this and that little upgrade disappears . I am sure there are allot of people out there like that. I will admit, I have put "allot of money" in my truck with the little upgrades here and there. But I have not done any major upgrades like lowering, lifting, new rims, new hood, ( all the eye candy stuff people see when voting on the ROTM or a ROTY if we had one).

We are in a society where if they can't see it in a picture or video, it did not happen. Just trying not to alienate 90% of the truck owners out there

If I win the lotto, I might get a new truck and put $100,000 in upgrades in it...... maybe....

And I don't know any after market fiberglass or carbon fiber hoods that would support 90lbs of hood ornament on them. just saying...... that was the best upgrade I did to the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    If I win the lotto, I might get a new truck and put $100,000 in upgrades in it...... maybe....
    If I win the lottery I'm buying the Monroe version of the TopKick -- the one that looks like Iron Hide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast