GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 1972 Chevy Value

So, I am interested in buying a 1972 chevy. I recently found one down the street from my house. It is in bad condition, but it is perfect for the project truck I am looking for.

The problem is that the guy is asking 1000 bucks for it. I know it isn't worth that, but my problem is, I don't know how much it is worth.

Here is a list of all the things that I know of that are wrong with it.

The interior is trashed and will need to be gutted and completely replaced. The bed is almost completely rotted out and rusted. There is considerable rust damage on the bumpers and the hood. Someone poured sugar in the gas tank and so the truck no longer starts. That is all that I know of. What do you guys think? I was hoping to talk him down to between 500 and 700. You think its worth that?

2004 Silverado
    4.8L
    K&N Air Filter
    Single in, Dual out Flowmaster look alike, Turned down at muffler
    dropped 2" front 4" back
    Custom painted bow ties (blue front and black back)
    20" Eagle Alloy Series 026 rims
    285/50-20 Good Year Eagle GT II tires
    Limo Tint all around
    Duraliner bed liner

From how you describe it $500 would be the max I'd pay, yea those trucks are getting hard to find but I wouldnt over pay just because their rare, if you wait it out you may be able to find a better candidate at a price easier to swallow.
    While I wont say I see those trucks for sale all the time I do recommend you look around a bit at some other candidates, I travel south of DFW a lot and more than once I've seen better deals than that on those year trucks.
    Look at CTC auto ranch in North Denton, they get those model trucks in quite often.

i think you have to visit some company who are selling old trucks like there are some dealers who sell old trucks.From them you can get all the detailed information about all.
    http://www.amwasia.com

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    From how you describe it $500 would be the max I'd pay, yea those trucks are getting hard to find but I wouldnt over pay just because their rare, if you wait it out you may be able to find a better candidate at a price easier to swallow.
    While I wont say I see those trucks for sale all the time I do recommend you look around a bit at some other candidates, I travel south of DFW a lot and more than once I've seen better deals than that on those year trucks.
    Look at CTC auto ranch in North Denton, they get those model trucks in quite often.
    thanks for the help. I went ahead and bought it. I ended up paying 650 after tax title and all that crap. I'm pretty happy. I've started stripping it down. More rust than I had originally thought, but not nearly as much as I expected, so that was a pleasant surprise. Thanks again for your input.

Keep us posted on your progress, that's one of my favorite Chevy trucks. Ken