GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Warning dinger ~ How to stop door ajar sound in 2003 Silverado 2500HD

Hey Guys and Gals!
    I was wondering does anyone knows of a way to get the warning dinger to stop. I'm talking about when you door is open with the key in it, low oil pressure, seat belt, all of that. I do a lot of work on my farm that involves using the truck with the doors open and the dinging is about to drive me nuts, plus i want to use my radio with the doors open. I don't know what to do since it comes out of the Bose speakers. (no wonder its so damn loud haha)
    Thanks again,
    Cameron
    2003 Silverado 2500HD
    Specter cold air
    Toyo AT's
    1972 Chevelle (project)

There is a "door open" switch inside the door, it is usually mounted on the door latching mech, if you disconnect the switch, the truck won't know the door is open.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

on one of my trucks, I can't remember if it was my 95,98, or 02, if I moved the dimmer switch for the interior lights all the way down and pressed the interior light button off it would stop. that being said, it does not work like that on my 05 with bose.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I can think of one way to solve this, and it helps you in more ways than one. If you upgrade the radio, you can get the harness that doesn't keep the door chimes. Then you have a nicer aftermarket radio, and not have the chimes. Keep in mind, this would eliminate ALL the chimes, including things like the low fuel chime and such.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage