GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need Intake Advice

Looking For Help

When I had a Chrysler 300, I put an INJEN Intake on it and it sounded sick. What is the best performance Cold Air Intake for an 09 tahoe. I really am looking to buy in the next few days and probably combing with a Throttle body spacer and if directed properly, a tuner. I would appreciate any advice

Patrick

2009 BLK Tahoe
    Dual Flowmaster Exhaust
    24" Dubs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tahoe.jpg  

K&N makes a replacement air filter that utilizes your stock air box. this is going to be your cheapest option, around 50 bucks depending where you order. For a little more money, a full Cold Air Intake will replace everything from the MAF sensor forward with either a metal or plastic pipe with an exposed filter, they offer increased airflow over the stock airbox and fluctuate in price depending on brandm, usually around a couple hundred. Some good namebrands include: K&N, AirAid, afe power, Volant, RBP and AEM.

hope this helps

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As said above there are many As for a Spacer Don't waste your money..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I have replaced them before on other cars. With my chrysler 300 I bought an INJEN cheap off ebay but the thing sounded amazing. I am looking to do a full intake swap. I know K&N is a name brand but let me clarify my question a bit more. If I am doing a full swap and money is not an option what is the best intake system to go with. I have been reading a lot of threads and it seems that Volant and K&N are the most popular. I am a sucker for sound but I want the performance as well. Which brand/model number would you suggest?

Thank you for all the help

Patrick

Legend

If you show up Sunday you can hear mine.. K&N

metal or plastic tube? Does one really absorb heat? K&N 63 - 3070? IS that the one you went with, it is what I was looking at

Legend

Well my good friend who Just left K&N told me to stay with the Plastic ones that they showed more Cooler air and better performance then the chrome ones...

Sr. Mechanic

Best option don't get TBS waste of money anyone will tell you, the next advice is K&N drop in filter with AirAid MIT. This choice was dyno'd by BlackBear performance against all the other CAI's that were a couple hundred dollars. Well the AirAid MIT is only like $100 and then the filter is like 40. This combo beat all the other brands and is cheaper by a lot. I have this and could tell the difference.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

good just purchased mine, was waiting for the push over the edge!

Id get an airraid cold air intake if i was you but thats just because i like to have the air filter in a box not out in the open like k&n is like and other cold air intakes
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon